10.10.2011

Drawing Withdrawal

So I was in and around upstate New York yesterday.  Stopped in New Paltz, a quirky college town, at a great little art shop in hopes that they would carry a certain pen that I use since all of mine are officially now broken.  (sob!)  Had a great conversation with the shopkeeper who said, "Gosh, there only about 37 people in the world who use those pens, and you're one of them".  And there it is.  Either I wait two weeks for my online order to come in or I feed my drawing addiction with a temporary pen replacement.  This guy, highly knowledgeable about art supplies and the like, recommended a little pen called the Slicci.  I've heard of this pen many a time, so I thought I'd give it a whirl (plus, um, it was only $2.50 compared to $40).  It has an awesome fine point, consistent flow of ink, but it does tend to bleed...  Not my first choice, but who am I kidding?  I neeeeeeed to draw.  So here is my first drawing made with a Slicci:
Zipper

4 comments:

  1. That's a really beautiful drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, thanks so much, Karina!!! :):) For the first time I realize that drawing is an outlet for me to decompress. Not being able to draw actually stresses me out! ha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow totally cool drawing. I loveyour addiction to drawing! everyone should have something that brings them so much joy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Kimm! I highly agree -- and we're so lucky to be able to indulge in doing the things that we love to do :)

    ReplyDelete