9.17.2009

Five Things with Lou Lou & Oscar!

Good morning! Today I am so delighted to have Lisa Aaron of Lou Lou & Oscar here today!!

Catty Catty- Giacomo

1. So Lisa, what's the cutest thing in the world?

In a face off between Meerkats and Arctic Foxes the fox would win by a narrow margin, undeniably the cutest things in the world. The best bushy tail, the sneakiest face, cute in winter white and summer grey, I love them to pieces. I was on the brink of choosing my 3 year old son at ballet class, so, so cute but I'm obviously completely biased so: Go Arctic Foxes!


2. The yummiest thing?

This one is easy, the yummiest things are white chocolate champagne truffles from Leonidas. If I could get all the nutrients required to sustain life from these I would quite happily eat them to the exclusion of everything else until the day I die.

This Means Everything To Me - Wall Art

3. A music album you think everyone should own?

Ok, this one is impossible. I am going to have to cheat! If you took away all of the music in the world and left me with three albums I would be able to survive with: Live At The Witch Trials by The Fall, Histoire de Melody Nelson by Serge Gainsbourg and John Coltrane's A Love Supreme. All three are complete genius and I think everyone should have them in their record collection.


4. The most beautiful place (real or fiction)?

I am lucky to live in a very beautiful place but I would have to pick the house that Cesar Manrique built for himself in the Taro de Tahiche in Lanzarote. I had an intense emotional response to this house, built into the lava bubbles and rivers of the landscape. I love arid places, the outside inside, gorgeous light. troglodyte living and spaces that are stripped down to their essential elements. I want to go back, now! I would love it even more if the whole patch of earth and house could be transported to the Jardin des Plantes in Paris. That would be my idea of a perfectly beautiful place.

Lapin de Lune

5. What would the ultimate art/studio space be like?

The ultimate art/studio space would be a repetition of number 4, Manrique's house transported to Paris. I have day dreamed about setting up a space, a kind of open studio, with a library, cinema, boutique, lots of room for seminars and beautiful rooms to stay in if you need a place to sleep. A sort of retreat, for crafty/arty folk I suppose. The lava bubbles would be perfect for housing the different elements. Oh, and it would be walled too, like the secret garden in Frances Hodgson Burnett's book. I adore the idea of a secret garden/studio. It would be open to all but you would need a map and a special key to access it!


Thank you so much Lisa! And make sure to check out her lovely shop and blog!

Have a Happy Thursday, everyone!

10 comments:

  1. Oh how wonderful! I adore sweet Lisa and love hearing more about her "5 things" Thank you for sharing this and I would love nothing more that to stay at Lisa's fabulous fantasy retreat! :)
    xo
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I know! Lisa's answers are so eloquent and lovely! And of course, her work is so lovely, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, thank you so much my dears! It would be wonderful to realize my dream and invite all of my lovely blog, flickr and etsy friends to stay! Thank you for having me Virginia, I had such fun answering your questions and thanks for letting me cheat on number 3!
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I know, I wish I had a portable Parisian cafe everyone could meet at for coffee... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow arctic fox , great answer lisa.
    Sign me up for the LL&O house.
    sorry for my brevity but I am doing this during clinic hours

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great answers Lisa! This was a really nice read, thank you to Virginia for featuring LouLou and to Lisa for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh, thanks so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, the Loulouandoscar Retreat is a wonderful idea! Thanks Lisa, for the great interview.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for introducing us to another great crafter/artist! I love that rabit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw, could Lisa be any cuter ?
    Thanks so much for featuring her, she's the best !
    And please-pretty-please, someone transport Cesar Manrique's house to Paris, so she can come and leave here !!!

    Oh ! And nice job, Lisa ! Now I want to see piccies of Ishi at ballet class !!! Sounds too cute to be true !

    x x x
    ___mathyld___

    http://encorepetite.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete