8.24.2009

Miss Universe 2009

Hi, all. So to interrupt today's regular-themed post, I must take a moment to congratulate Miss Croatia, Sarah Cosic, for making the top 15 last night in the Miss Universe 2009 pageant. The Miss Universe Croatia pageants are a family affair, and I am truly delighted our gal got so far. ;)

And naturally, a big congratulations to the winner of last night's competition, Miss Venezuela! For anyone wondering, this pageant is a huge opportunity for an individual to not only represent and bring awareness to her country, culture, and a cause or to be a world-renowned symbol of hope, peace, and beauty, but each contestant's life changes the moment they are crowned. They will see a world many of them would never have been able to, and for anyone to have the courage, ambition, and desire to make a difference, I salute you.

2 comments:

  1. Catching up on your blog! Can I just say, as a weirdo, long-time beauty pageant watcher, that this post made me love you even more?

    ReplyDelete
  2. well that's a good thing, because when I say it's a family affair-I'm totally serious. My father is the producer of the Miss Universe Croatia pageant ;)

    ReplyDelete