7.28.2009

Five Things with Sloe Gin Fizz!

Happy Tuesday to you all!


Today we have Nicole Ray of Sloe Gin Fizz join us for a sizzlin' Five Things, hooray!

My favorite yellow boot - print

1. So Nicole, what's the cutest thing in the world?


This was the hardest of the list for me to answer. I'm not a unicorns and rainbows, butterflies and babies, kind of gal and that's what I think of when I hear the word cute. But when I really gave it some thought, I came up with this: It is the cutest thing in the world when someone gets embarrassed. I find it very endearing, and yes, cute.


2. The yummiest thing?


I'm so completely food-oriented, so everything is yummiest, and I love me a big hunk of crusty bread with some stinky cheese, but also can't resist a really good chocolate chip cookie and gooey on the inside, crispy on the outside. But the yummiest thing in the world: the smell of baking bread. There's something about that yeasty goodness in the air that just is the yummiest of all yummy.

From the sky - print

3. A music album you think everyone should own?


Van Lear Rose by Loretta Lynn. "Portland Oregon" has to be one of my all-time favorite songs. It's a duet with Jack White and their voices together are magical and I might even go so far as to say yummy. The song inspired the name of my shop: "Well, Sloe Gin Fizz works mighty fast, when you drink it by the pitcher and not by the glass, uh-huh, uh-huh".


4. The most beautiful place (real or fiction)?


I'd like to say I have some fantastically creative imaginary kingdom I've dreamed of in my mind, but, I don't. I am a pure sucker for real, live mountains, and preferably big, craggy, snowy ones. Either down in the valleys between feeling small or standing on top with my hands on my hips, crazy out of breath, looking out at all the world.

Dreaming - print

5. What would the ultimate art/studio space be like?


Lots of light. Lots and lots of light. Just when you think there's too much light, maybe a little bit more. BIG windows looking out at a vast expanse of water: maybe the ocean, but a big lake or river would be mighty nice, too. And then inside, as many cubbyholes as there is light (is that even English?!). All perfectly sized and organized for exactly all the right materials exactly at my fingertips when I need them. No digging around. I can see everything right where it needs to be, keeping my neat freak needs in check. A very long table, a very, very long, like 25 feet long. (I like to be able to spread out, but all in one place.) This of course would be a magical space where I can have the windows open wide with salty ocean breezes floating in all the time and yet the papers never get blown around. Definitely coffee, huge bookcases chock full, a photocopier (someone else said this in one of your 5 things posts and I thought, yes, darn it, I've always wanted one, too!) and the perfect music for my mood at all times without me having to choose it. Is that so much to ask, really? And then, of course, this would be my most beautiful place, so now I do have a fantastically creative imaginary kingdom I've dreamed of in my mind, now don't I? Hmmm, what fun!


Thanks so much Nicole! And make sure to check out her lovely shop! :D

2 comments: