6.22.2009

Five Things with Gemma Correll!

gemma-correll by you.
Hi all, 
So excited to have the delightfully talented Gemma Correll as my first guest here on the Virginia blog!  Gemma's work is just too cute for words, and I'm honored she took the time to answer five fun Q's for us.
1. So Gemma, what's the cutest thing in the world?
I am horribly obsessed with pugs at the moment, they really are unbearably cute, with their squishy little faces and fat paws. I would love to have one (or two, or three...) but they are very expensive in the UK and also, my landlord doesn't allow pets in our apartment. To make up for my not owning one, I spend a lot of time on youtube typing things like "pug rolling" or "pug in bath" into the search box. I found a Pug rescue centre in Seattle that I'm thinking about applying to volunteer at next year.

2. The yummiest thing:
It depends on what mood I'm in. I really like Indian food, so maybe a curry with sweet potato and a peshwari naan bread... but then I also love krispy kremes, tiropites (greek cheese pies), froot loops and pink lemonade. I just like food, in general, to be honest.
3. A music album you think everyone should own:
I adore Regina Spektor, I think everyone should own her "Mary Ann meets the Gravediggers" album, the melodies are gorgeous and it has a great narrative running through it too. Her voice and piano playing skills are amazing.
4. The most beautiful place (real or fiction):
I think Las Vegas is beautiful, in a tacky way. But then, I like kitsch. Flying into Las Vegas and seeing the lights of the strip below is the best and I just adore the colours and the variety of people that you find there! I also love the pastel coloured houses of the Caribbean and the faded vibrancy (if that's not too much of a oxymoron!) of Mexican cities.
5. What would the ultimate art/studio space be like:
I'd love a big, open plan studio full of beautiful things like 60s furniture, a shelf full of vintage snowglobes and artwork by all of my favourite artists. And it would be nice if I had some of the aforementioned pugs to run around and entertain me, and perhaps a coffee machine...
(Btw, it was nearly impossible to choose which images to use since they are all so adorable, so make sure to check out more Gemma here.  And thanks again, Gemma!)  
Stay tuned for the next Five Things with {guest TBA}...

2 comments:

  1. Nice post! I had seen Gemma's work somewhere before (maybe Etsy?) and it is nice to learn a bit more about her... her work is great! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete